The final episode in the current Smart Manufacturing podcast series covers sustainability, a significant global topic across many industries that minimizes adverse effects and takes action to contribute to the business and improve the industry’s impact on the environment.
Chris Pennington, Global Industry Marketing Leader for Industrial Machinery at Siemens Digital Industries Software, is joined by Rahul Garg, the Vice President of the Industrial Machinery and Mid-market Program at Siemens Digital Industries Software. They will help us understand how sustainability in manufacturing is becoming critical across many industries.
In this episode, you will hear how sustainability in manufacturing includes several factors.
Learn the following:
- The energy to run the production process.
- The circularity and recycling of the product and machinery to produce it.
- Recycling of raw materials (bright products) that have value to improve company financials and reduce a negative environmental impact.
- A focus on machine design and energy efficiency.
- An improvement in supply chain energy consumption and recycling practices to ensure parts are available.
- The development of workflows and productivity, supply chain, carbon neutrality, traceability in supply chain and circular economy tracking.
- Creation of energy-efficient machines with lower operating costs.
- Leveraging digitalization to optimize energy-efficient systems.
Vice-president, Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment of Siemens Digital Industries Software
Global Industry Marketing Leader – Industrial Machinery, Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Xcelerator, the comprehensive and integrated portfolio of software and services from Siemens Digital Industries Software, helps companies of all sizes create and leverage a comprehensive digital twin that provides organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
For more information on Siemens Digital Industries Software products and services, visit siemens.com/software or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Siemens Digital Industries Software – where today meets tomorrow.
Digital Transformation Podcast
The Digital Transformation: Solutions for Industrial Machinery Podcast by Siemens Digital Industries explores the advantages of smart manufacturing, a digitalized product development strategy and the solutions it offers for the Industrial Machinery industry.