Cloud computing solutions offer several benefits for automotive E/E systems engineers looking to move complex on-premises architectures online.
The Siemens Capital electrical and electronics (E/E) systems development software portfolio encompasses tools to efficiently design, engineer and validate complex products. Using a a digital twin, a virtual representation of a physical product or process, Capital works to help engineers throughout the product lifecycle to simulate, predict and optimize the product and production systems.
Automotive OEMs and suppliers looking to leverage the benefits of cloud-based deployment for speed, flexibility and scalability can find out more about deploying Capital in the cloud in our new e-book: Empowering automotive E/E design in the cloud. Teams can work in a secure, virtual environment from anywhere and leverage a high degree of automation across domains and disciplines for greater visibility, insight and traceability to all facets of system development
Benefits of cloud-based deployment for Capital
To take advantage of a cloud-based deployment of Capital, automotive engineering teams can choose from a self-managed, Siemens managed or hybrid SaaS-based model:
- Customer-managed (self-managed): In this model, organizations purchase a regular product license from Siemens. The organization’s internal IT department or a third-party manages the infrastructure. There is no difference in the customization or configuration capabilities from traditional on-premises installations. Customers can implement their specific authentication solutions, fulfill specific regulatory requirements and choose to upgrade as they wish.
- Siemens-managed (managed services): Siemens’s managed services team specializes in running Siemens products on the cloud. Organizations with a regular Siemens product license and services and work with this team to perform all the customization configuration, authentication, and requirements. As with the customer managed offering, customers may implement their specific authentication solutions, fulfill specific regulatory requirements, and choose to upgrade as they wish.
- Hybrid SaaS: The hybrid model features a subscription for on-premises products with cloud services. Part of the software is on-premises and part of the software is on the cloud. Siemens operates what is working on the cloud, and the customer operates the products. Cloud services complies with industry-leading certifications.
Download our e-Book → Empowering automotive E/E design in the cloud
It can further be noted that managed services enable organizations to focus on developing their products, while Siemens’s IT and cloud experts take care of deploying and maintaining the application and infrastructure. By enlisting the help of our managed services professionals, teams benefit from:
- A fully managed and customized environment and gain a single point of resolution for any problems.
- A variety of packages with a range of service-level agreements (SLAs) and support solutions.
- Knowledgeable support to progress toward digital transformation with an architecture tailored to their business needs.
- Rapid access to the latest version of Capital software at all times.
- More time to focus on innovation, instead of working about the technical aspects of software deployment and cloud infrastructure.
Watch the webinar NOW → Challenges and opportunities around cloud-based software
Download our white paper → Cloud-based software challenges and opportunities of transitioning to SaaS