Discover how the Simcenter Amesim Battery Electro-thermal Identification Tool automatically generates the battery equivalent circuit and thermal models, whether from a battery test bench data or from a detailed electrochemical battery model.
Predicting the battery electro-thermal behavior has a crucial role in Electric Vehicles (EVs) development. For instance, it is an essential element for the battery management system (BMS) and thermal management system (TMS) design and validation. Consequently, the battery pack model requires a good balance between accuracy and fast computation time to ensure the real-time compatibility for the Software-in-the-Loop (SiL) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) tests.
The battery equivalent circuit model coupled with a thermal model allows to accurately capture the battery dynamics while ensuring a fast computation time, as demonstrated in this reference.
However, the equivalent circuit and thermal model parameters should be appropriately set to ensure the model’s accuracy. So the question is: how to accurately identify the battery model parameters while saving engineering time?
The Simcenter Amesim Battery Electro-Thermal Identification Tool answers this critical question: How to accurately identify the battery equivalent circuit and thermal model parameters while saving engineering time?
The workflow of this tool is the following:
- The tool takes the battery test profiles with current, voltage, and temperature data as input. You can get the test profiles either by performing experimental tests on the battery or by simulating a complex battery model such as an electrochemical model.
- The tool provides you with a step-by-step guide through the whole identification process. This process includes different steps such as the data import, the capacity calculation, the electrical and thermal model identification, etc.
- The tool’s outputs are model parameter values which are tables in function of the state of charge (SOC), current, and temperature. You could directly send these values from the tool to the battery model in Simcenter Amesim.
The Battery Electro-Thermal Identification Tool identifies the battery electrical equivalent circuit model parameters and the battery first-order thermal model. The list of parameters specified by the tool is listed in the table below.
Want to learn more on how to accurately identify the battery model parameters while saving engineering time? Please explore this video:
Now you may rise to this question: which type of experimental tests are suitable for extracting the battery model parameters?
Check out below the new Battery Test Protocol Generator Tool which is available in the new Simcenter Amesim 2022.1 release:
More details are coming soon, stay tuned!
Learn more about Simcenter Amesim
- Visit our website for more information
- Watch our “How to” videos
- Discover the latest features of Simcenter Amesim in the video below: