This podcast discusses how the cloud changes the product development process, fundamentally impacting how a business operates. Machine builders can blend their engineer-to-order (ETO) and configure-to-order (CTO) demands.
Engineer-to-order (ETO) comes inherently with increased risk of doing something for the first time, so it naturally follows that companies must find ways to reuse previous designs, leading to a configure-to-order (CTO) way of working.
In our third podcast in the Teamcenter X solution series, our host Chris Pennington, Global Industry Marketing Leader for Industrial Machinery at Siemens Digital Industries Software, interviews Jaques Mostert, Solution Director for Industrial Machinery at Siemens Digital Industries Software. They will discuss how customers for industrial machinery will always require a level unique to each machine as companies sometimes make different products.
This episode includes some of the following key points:
- There is some level of reuse possible in production, as it can only be a partial copy of what was done before, resulting in an engineering environment where ETO and CTO practices are mixed.
- Smarter machines become integral to the product, providing greater complexity and profitability.
- A managed environment provides multidisciplinary teams collaborating in one place in real-time.
- ETO/CTO provides out-of-the-box, configured-to-order products.
- The cloud solution gives the ability to take control of CAD data – CAD systems supplied by Siemens and the other main CAD vendors.
- Factories are smarter and more automated, meaning the machines are becoming smarter, connected with more sensors, and controlled by sophisticated automation systems.
Solution Director for Industrial Machinery at Siemens Digital Industries Software
Global Industry Marketing Leader for Industrial Machinery at Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Xcelerator, the comprehensive and integrated portfolio of software and services from Siemens Digital Industries Software, helps companies of all sizes create and leverage a comprehensive digital twin that provides organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
For more information on Siemens Digital Industries Software products and services, visit siemens.com/software or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Siemens Digital Industries Software – where today meets tomorrow.
Where Today Meets Tomorrow Podcast
Amid unprecedented change and the rapid pace of innovation, digitalization is no longer tomorrow’s idea. We take what the future promises tomorrow and make it real for our customers today. Welcome to “Where today meets tomorrow.”