As AI gets smarter, it will play an increasing role in designing new products. This change will take many forms, with Generative Design and Engineering being key new technologies to enable faster development in a broader design space. This, in turn, will redefine the role engineers have in the product design process from one of intensive manual work to that of orchestrators.
In this episode, Spencer Acain interviews Tod Parrella, Senior Product Manager for NX Design solutions. Tod explains the benefits of Generative Design and the challenges it faces in building trust as a new technology.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of Generative Design (00:51)
- How the role of engineers and designers is changing (06:35)
- Building trust in AI (11:54)
- Early adopters of generative practices (15:17)
- AI beyond Generative Design (19:06)
Senior Manager NX Industry and Design Product Management Team
Technical Writer for Global Marketing at Siemens Digital Industries Software
This podcast features discussions around the importance of AI and ML in today’s industrial world.