The student edition of NX continues to be free and is being used by students all around the globe. We were lucky enough to receive feedback from engineering students across various parts of the world. You can see their responses in the video below.
Take advantage of the free NX Student Edition and use it to your benefit as the students in the video have! See what the most innovative companies around the globe are using to design, simulate, and manufacture their products.
What’s included in the trial?
- Comprehensive 3D design tools including solid, surface, wire-frame, and synchronous modeling
- Full suite of CAM programming tools to program 2- to 5-axis and multifunction CNC machine tools
- Sophisticated freeform shape modeling, surface continuity, analysis, and visualization tools
- Supports output to 3D printing formats
- Model-driven process using integrated software for design, NC programming, and additive manufacturing
How to access
- Visit our download page here
- Sign up with an account. You can either create your own, or sign in with your Google or LinkedIn account
- Confirm your email address
- Download NX and start designing
- Watermarks are added to printed and plotted data, to prevent the NX Student Edition from being used for commercial work
- Part files created in NX Student Edition cannot be retrieved in a commercial version of NX, but can be retrieved in the full academic packages available to educational establishments
- CAM data is not available for post-processing, and the displayed output of tool path information has limited precision
We are extremely excited to provide a free version of NX to you, and we can’t wait to hear what you can accomplish with NX. If you are curious on what our customers are creating with NX, please take a look at our Digital Journeys article where we showcase customers of ours who are taking full advantage of NX.
User of Simcenter? See how Simcenter is providing free training courses for students and educators here.