Simcenter Madymo announces the 7.8 release: Improved solver run times by 28%
The new update significantly reduces solver run times and includes many new features and improvements.
With the improved core of the code, Simcenter Madymo solver run times can be reduced by 28%, compared to the previous version. A typical crash analysis in Simcenter Madymo may take about 15-20 minutes whilst the same in a Finite Element (FE) code could take several hours. When using the Active Human Model, the simulation time of a 3 second event will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
Additional benefits of the Simcenter Madymo 7.8 release:
- For customers working in passive safety, the new Thor model is certified to the latest NHTSA requirements. The thorax geometry and instrumentation has been updated for increased accuracy and robust contact with belts and airbags. The Thor model is now available in US-NCAP and EuroNCAP variants, with the former having legs conforming to the latest hardware standards and the latter with Hybrid-III legs. Facet versions of both variants are also available.
- The Hybrid-III family has also been updated with the latest injury criteria to support the assessment of the BrIC and the EuroNCAP iliac force drop criterion for submarining.
- To support the rapid developments in the fields of integrated safety and pre-crash analysis, the Active Human Model has been extensively developed and now offers active shoulder control, strength scaling and unconsciousness modelling.
- XMADgic provides specialised support for pre-simulating the model, and the solver has been better optimised to support postprocessing of large models with long simulation times, in response to customer needs.
- Better user experience, enhanced stability and robustness
For more information, please visit our webpage: