Multidiscipline development requires a multidiscipline partner
Product complexity continues to swell, with no sign of slowing down. Manufacturers must harness this complexity to create a competitive advantage while also emphasizing sustainability across the product lifecycle. These challenges require a holistic approach backed by technology that cuts across the functional spectrum.
Siemens Xcelerator portfolio provides the integrated digital solutions needed to tame complexity around global supply chains and multidisciplinary development. Still, these solutions take a knowledgeable, experienced advisor to solve real problems. That’s where Siemens partners, such Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), serve such a valuable role to both Siemens and our mutual customers.
Driving change with the digital thread
As a longstanding Siemens partner, TCS leverages NX, Polarion, Teamcenter, Opcenter, Simcenter, Tecnomatix and Solid Edge to help its worldwide customer base overcome the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. Over the past two decades, TCS has built proficiency across many industries, allowing its experts to guide customers through digital transformations and realize the competitive advantage gained by faster time to market and reduced development costs. TCS’s ability to deliver across the value chain is made possible by leveraging the digital thread. The digital thread connects data across departments and disciplines and allows product development to transition seamlessly from one phase to the next.
- It must be model-based. This approach allows systems to be understood visually and enriched with information on functionality, instead of in written form. Model-based development makes it possible to better evaluate the interoperability of components created across functions and engineering disciplines.
- It must be connected. Fully integrated tools that produce consistent, consumable data facilitate cross-departmental contextual collaboration, allowing for more innovation and swift development processes.
- It must be insight-driven. This results from systems that provide information that is useable across disciplines and departments. Only fully-connected solutions can provide the apples-to-apples data needed for multidisciplinary innovation and problem-solving.
- It must be closed-looped. Closed loop processes foster an environment that makes insights actionable. By constantly improving processes through a “lessons learned” approach, fewer and fewer quality issues arise before, during and after production.
ALM to support speed and innovation in software development
The demand for software-driven product features has driven nearly every company to become part of the technology industry. Nowhere is this more true than for automotive and transportation companies entering the autonomous vehicle market. These self-driving vehicles contain exponentially more lines of code than all of their mechanical parts combined. With significant safety and regulatory implications at stake, it is vital that the software development process be integrated, traceable and equipped to manage massive amounts of data. And to meet the demands of short development cycles and faster time to market, the development must be flexible and automatically track and update requirement changes.
- Enable intelligent re-use of verified and validated product data
- Track and trace requirements across all data repositories
- Manage large data sets with ease
- Integrate ALM with product lifecycle management (PLM) to foster multidisciplinary collaboration.
Unique solutions for unique situations
Because each company’s people, products and processes are unique, TCS understands that a one-size-fits-all approach cannot apply to digital threads. So, before making recommendations, TCS engages in a thorough consultation process. Then TCS prescribes holistic solutions to customers’ challenges, based off of its expertise with PLM, ALM, manufacturing execution systems (MES), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise asset management (EAM) systems. As a Siemens partner, TCS has established itself as a market leader in digital manufacturing, automation, simulation, MES, Teamcenter, MindSphere (IoT) and Mendix (low code app development) deployments and is trusted by some of the biggest names across various industries.
While the approach may vary, the results do not. Once a digital thread has been deployed, customers benefit from the digital twin, which is a virtual representation of its physical counterpart. This could be a precise replica of a product, system or even a manufacturing process, but in any case, customers can build and evaluate virtually before committing physical resources.
Plan your digital enterprise
Efficiency and productivity do not magically appear after obtaining digital solutions. It takes a plan, coordinated with experts who understand how the solutions solve industry challenges. For companies around the world, TCS has been an expert partner that guides customers to better business outcomes. Contact TCS to start planning your digital future.