By Calibre staff
Safe is good, right? We all want to be safe, especially these days. But safe took on a whole new meaning this year as Samsung Foundry introduced their inaugural Samsung Advanced Foundry Ecosystem (SAFE) awards program to recognize partner achievement of the highest standards of design, development, and technology implementation to accelerate silicon innovation. We’re delighted that Siemens Digital Industries Software was recognized for its partnership and substantial contributions to the broader Samsung Foundry ecosystem with three (three!) SAFE awards in the categories of Best Innovation, Best Collaboration, and Best Technical Support. We’re especially proud that two of those awards went to Calibre products and teams (and we’re part of the third)!
The Calibre YieldEnhancer (SmartFill) product team earned Samsung’s Best Technical Support recognition for combining advanced design analysis with multiple filling solutions to optimize chip filling for both digital and analog designs. While the Calibre nmPlatform has long been recognized in the industry for outstanding customer support, we never get tired of the appreciation!
Meanwhile, the Calibre Circuit Verification product team won the Samsung SAFE award for Best Collaboration. This team worked closely and effectively with Samsung to ensure that each of the tools in the Calibre Circuit Verification suite supported Samsung’s latest process technology:
- Calibre nmLVS software—Samsung Foundry was the first foundry to leverage the innovative Calibre nmLVS Recon functionality to speed circuit verification during early design
- Calibre PERC reliability software employs a unique integrated analysis that combines the electrical and physical data required to automate complex reliability verification checks
- Calibre xACT parasitic extraction software delivers the high levels of accuracy required for 3D FinFET structures
The third SAFE award could also be said to be a Calibre award, at least in part. The Siemens high density advanced packaging (HDAP) flow earned the Best Innovation award for collaboration on Samsung’s multi-die integration (MDI™) packaging solution, which helps mutual customers rapidly prototype, implement, verify, and thermally analyze highly sophisticated multi-die package implementations. Multiple Siemens technologies power this HDAP flow, including:
- Xpedition Substrate Integrator software, which enables rapid early prototyping and planning of heterogeneous semiconductor package assemblies,
- Xpedition Package Designer software, which provides constraint-driven place-and-route functionality with manufacturing preparation,
- Simcenter Flotherm software, which delivers complete package assembly thermal modeling and analysis,
- Simcenter 3D software, which provides complete, thermally induced stress and reliability analysis for package assemblies,
- Calibre 3DSTACK software, which provides signoff DRC and LVS checking of complete multi-die system assemblies at any process node.
While these SAFE awards recognize specific teams and products, the entire Calibre team can (and does!) share in them, knowing that collaboration, innovation, and support are what goes into making the Calibre nmPlatform the trusted industry leader in physical verification. You can also read our press release about the Samsung Advanced Foundry Ecosystem (SAFE) awards here