As COVID-19 spreads and preventive measures like social-distancing, self-quarantine and constant hand-washing become the new normal for people around the world, schools, businesses and governments are taking steps to flatten the curve of new COVID-19 cases.
As the Global Academic Partner team strategizes about how we can best support our academic ecosystem in the longer-term, I want to take a minute to make everyone aware of the free resources that are already in place to support remote learning.
- Learning Advantage is our customer facing learning portal that is always free for our academic partners and students. You can check out this FAQ and this free webinar for instructions on activating your membership and student self-registration. This video will help you understand the administrative capabilities that faculty can use to assign and monitor progress on learning content, while these instructions will help you to create syllabi with links directly to the course material you wish to assign.
- There are loads of playlists on our Youtube channel that feature all sorts of Tips and Tricks for NX CAD, NX CAM, Solid Edge, Femap, Teamcenter and lots more.
- Solid Edge software and tutorials for all ages from primary school through university
- Take a look at the various tutorials and webinars available for Simcenter products
- Community and Blog for staying engaged and having access to Siemens subject matter experts
- There are several ways you can borrow licenses for software from your university while you’re off campus. This page has lots of general info about how our licenses work, while this one gives detailed instructions for checking out licenses for your personal machine.
- Finally, you can always checkout our Free Student Downloads page.
We will continue to think about how we can support our academic partners during this incredibly challenging period of rapid change and we welcome any suggestions or requests that you have.