Updated August 2023.
As the engineering industry continues to evolve, it is important for universities and industries to work together to prepare future engineers for the problems of tomorrow. With virtual learning resources and online courses, students and educators can bring Siemens software and programs right in the classroom at all education levels.
As the Global Academic Partner team strategizes about how we can best support our academic ecosystem in the longer-term, it is important to be aware of Siemen Software’s free resources that can be used to support remote learning.
- Learning Advantage is our customer facing learning portal that is always free for our academic partners and students. You can check out this FAQ and this free webinar for instructions on activating your membership and student self-registration. This video will help you understand the administrative capabilities that faculty can use to assign and monitor progress on learning content, while these instructions will help you to create syllabi with links directly to the course material you wish to assign. (Note if your school has not activated their membership and you wish to get started on your own, you can get a free 30-day subscription to Learning Advantage.)
- The Learning Center on-demand libraries are also available at no cost during this time.
- There are loads of playlists on our Youtube channel that feature all sorts of Tips and Tricks for NX CAD, NX CAM, Solid Edge, Femap, Teamcenter and lots more.
- Solid Edge software and tutorials for all ages from primary school through university
- Take a look at the various tutorials and webinars available for Simcenter products
- Community and Blog for staying engaged and having access to Siemens subject matter experts
- There are several ways you can borrow licenses for software from your university while you’re off-campus. This page has lots of general info about how our licenses work, while this one gives detailed instructions for checking out licenses for your personal machine.
- OpenSmartEDU, a comprehensive toolkit that includes an operational guide and accompanying self-assessment calculator to help colleges and universities gauge how effectively they are addressing a range of COVID-19 scenarios.
- Finally, you can always checkout our Free Student Downloads page, which includes our brand new free NX Student download and PADS Pro Student Edition.
The Global Academic Program works tirelessly to bridge the gap between industry and academia and empower students and educators with the latest and best technology.