I dropped in on Mark Rief and the “what’s new” in CAM Express session. I must have dropped in at the best part because Mark was describing his own personal test of the Synchronous Technology in CAM Express. Short description of his process:
- Searched online for a sample SolidWorks file where he found a model of Scooby Doo.
- Opened the file in CAM Express, with the intent to remove the SW initials on the dog tag.
- CAM geometry tool bar (see red box below) gives access to the most common model editing that an NC Programmer needs, which includes Synchronous Technology.
- Directly started working on the file, removing SW from Scooby’s tag. I helped Mark out and changed it to SE (in Photoshop)
- At this point, he could have made a mold or machined the 4′, garden-size Scooby directly.
Moral of this Scooby story: Doesn’t matter where the model comes from, CAM Express is the mystery machine!