We empower industries to generate new insights
Insights Hub releases deliver advanced industrial IoT capabilities that bring the physical and digital worlds closer together.
Happy new year from everyone here on the Insights Hub team. 2022 brings major enhancements to Insights Hub such as democratized AI and machine learning capabilities, remote service applications, Private Cloud Premium packaging and much more.
This update includes many of the newest and most exciting capabilities from the most recent Insights Hub releases:
- Insights Hub Predict: Empower your citizen data scientists with powerful machine learning and AI tools
- Unleash your industrial IoT data with the Premium package of Insights Hub Private Cloud
- Remotely monitor and service your fleet of machines from one central location with the Insights Hub Asset Health and Maintenance solution
- Customize how you view and navigate your assets in Operations Insight with new custom mapping functionalities
- Enable asynchronous, bidirectional communication on Insights Hub with native MQTT support
- Connect to your devices faster with expanded features and capabilities of MindConnect
Insights Hub Predict: Empower your citizen data scientists with powerful machine learning and AI tools
To begin the release highlights, Insights Hub unveiled its first artificial intelligence application for industrial IoT called Insights Hub Predict. The aim of this application is to reduce the technological barrier to powerful machine learning and AI tools. Now, everyone has the ability to leverage time series data from IoT assets and create forecasts. This will allow your entire organization to make informed decisions on future actions.
Insights Hub Predict seamlessly integrates with the Insights Hub Monitor and enables immediate model building and forecast creation. The simplified machine learning engine configuration allows you to perform and scale your forecast and anomaly detection capabilities without hassle. With this accessible tool, it’s easy for you to implement essential use cases like quality management, production optimization, energy management and predictive/prescriptive maintenance.
Insights Hub Private Cloud Premium package: Unleash your industrial IoT data
Next up in our highlights is the Premium package from the most recent release of Insights Hub Private Cloud. The Premium package maximizes the value of IoT data by enabling advanced features and use cases of Insights Hub. For example, applications such as Semantic Data Interconnect (SDI), closed-loop digital twin applications, analytics and predictive learning can be used. Each of these applications brings specific features and capabilities:
- Maximize the value of enterprise data from disparate sources along with industrial IoT data through Semantic Data Interconnect. Use the SDI framework to correlate data from disparate systems and gain powerful insights.
- Realize your performance and production digital twins using the models from enterprise applications and industrial IoT data
- Drill-down into your data with advanced KPIs to unlock new insights about product and production performance with analytics
- Build predictive models with machine learning techniques that enable companies to optimize product quality as well as reduce potential field failures and performance issues with predictive learning
Insights Hub Asset Health and Maintenance: Remotely monitor and service your fleet of machines from one central location
As a part of this release, Insights Hub took steps toward solving the challenge of siloed tools and systems. Disconnected tools can inhibit service engineers from anticipating issues and finding their root causes. To combat this, Insights Hub Asset Health and Maintenance is designed as a single interface solution that remotely detects, analyzes and repairs anomalies in the field before they damage machines or disrupt operations. This solution improves collaboration and removes barriers to service management.
Insights Hub Asset Health and Maintenance bundles condition analysis, remote service and ticketing to ensure high machine fleet availability. This helps you to make maintenance and service decisions and activities faster based on data-driven insights using remote services. A light-weight ticketing system provides transparent ticket lifecycle management tailored to the needs of remote service providers.
Custom mapping: Customize how you view and navigate your assets in Operations Insight with new mapping functionalities
The new custom mapping functionality in Operations Insight allows you to customize how you interact, view, and navigate your assets. With custom mapping, upload specific maps and images to represent your assets and navigate through their hierarchy within Insights Hub. This functionality can improve operational efficiency, organization and how you understand your entire fleet of assets. This can be seen below:
In addition, the Operations Insight SDK now allows you to implement a plugin concept to configure Insights Hub to your needs. Enable your developers to build and display plugins for various features in an asset or tenant context, as seen in the video below:
Enable asynchronous, bidirectional communication on Insights Hub with native MQTT support
Our last highlight of the most recent releases is the addition of native MQTT support. By supporting native MQTT, the industry standard IoT messaging protocol, Insights Hub reduces the time-to-value for IIoT solutions by accelerating asset connectivity. With zero touch onboarding, reduce the operational burden of model creation with reusable and repeatable models. Create and publish models from the field and command agents with custom data. Securely exchange time series data between your devices and Insights Hub with native MQTT support.
MindConnect: Connect to your devices faster with expanded features and capabilities
MindConnect connectivity options in 2021 were expanded and improved to facilitate a quicker start to your IIoT journey. More detailed documentation can be found in the hyperlinks below:
- Update all your devices with one click with improved over the air firmware update features. Fleet firmware upgrade can now be done easily. Read more about those details here.
- Zero touch, auto firmware upgrades.
- Check device connection to Insights Hub using either the MindConnect Nano and IoT2040 or MindConnect Software Agent.
- Improved interface for file upload to Insights Hub with the MindConnect Software Agent.
- Simplified mass configuration with CSV import of configuration data. Add datapoints and mappings and configure via API.
- New suite of adapters for MindConnect Software Agent (S7+; IEC61850; Sinumerik PL; Fanuc Focas; MT Connect)
Extending connectivity to the edge is a major focus of our connectivity solution offerings. Our Edge Analytics application saw some powerful enhancements such as:
- Limit check on edge calculated KPIs with event creation within Insights Hub
- Send data in up to 1khz out of S7 PLCs via PLC streaming interface. Perform high frequency data logging and tracing.
- Upload date to data lake
- Edge Analytics made available on MindConnect Software Agent
- Complex data plugin (Spectra) in Operations Insight
- Edge Analytics is available as an Edge Application within Industrial Edge. The connection to Industrial Edge Databus is possible.
For complete details and availability on the new features of Insights Hub and its supporting Insights Hub releases, please refer to the Releases Notes, Region Table and new features presentations offered for all.
Want to try Insights Hub for free? Start today with Insights Hub Start for Free.
Read our latest blog post about what do you do with all your industrial IoT data.