Service Lifecycle Management (SLM) continues to grow in importance for many businesses today, influencing new business models while leading to increased profitability and customer loyalty.
In their recent commentary on Service Lifecycle Management, PLM industry analyst CIMdata highlights the importance of an effective, modern service lifecycle management solution. The commentary advises readers on what to look for in a SLM solution; how it must support an end-to-end digital thread that spans the diverse service environment, and how it should provide up-to-date, accurate configuration information of all the mechanical, electrical/electronic, software, and associated document-related components of each physical asset, as well as the status and history of their operational use.
Effective service lifecycle management solutions must also support an integrated service BOM, and support an open ecosystem of OEM, customer, and third-party applications and solutions that can work together to deliver quality service of managed physical assets.
In this commentary, you will:
- Learn about the benefits of Siemens Teamcenter Service Lifecycle Management software
- Learn how to increase profitability servicing and maintaining your physical assets
- Hear directly from customers who benefit from the use of Teamcenter SLM software
Listen to the podcast: Importance of Service Lifecycle Management
Visit our website to explore possibilities around Service Lifecycle Management.
This is the final blog in a seven-part series where we discuss our integrated Service Lifecycle Management (SLM) capabilities and the potential benefits that can be realized.
If you missed the previous parts, please find them here:
- Part 1: Digitalization Strategies for Service Lifecycle Management (SLM)
- Part 2: Improve Serviceability with integrated Service BOM Management
- Part 3: Reduce Downtime through Accurate Service Planning
- Part 4: Leveraging Service Data to Drive Technical Documentation
- Part 5: Improve Service Efficiency with Accurate Visibility of Your Physical Asset Configuration
- Part 6: Asset Maintenance with Teamcenter and Maximo