Share your experience from Classroom to Industry in a video
Tell us about your experience solving a problem using our solutions
Here comes our next exciting Global Student Challenge for this quarter! Enter this Classroom to Industry Challenge by submitting self-produced short video clips in your own Social Media Channels. There is no script, so be creative!
We would like to promote various PLM products and want to share your success in design and engineering. This is an opportunity to tell us a little about yourself and how you’ve interacted with Siemens Digital Industries Software on your journey from classroom to industry.
To enter the Classroom to Industry Challenge, follow these steps:
- Structure your video using the following guidelines:
- What’s your name? Where do you work? What do you do there?
- How did you come to be in your current role? Tell us your story.
- What Siemens sponsored projects and/or competitions have you been involved in, and how have they helped you get to your current role? (If applicable)
- How difficult would you say it was to learn and feel comfortable with the Siemens tool(s) you use in your work today?
- Which of Siemens products have you found to be the most useful in your current work?
- How important do you think hands on experience as a student is for your current role as an employee?
- Which of Siemens products have you found to be the most useful in your studies as a student?
- How did you get your experience with Siemens products? In competitions? In the lab or classroom? On project teams?
- If you have recently learned how to use a new Siemens tool or product, how did you learn it (Example: Online with Learning Advantage, in the classroom with a teacher, at work etc….)
- What is your favorite Siemens tool to work with and why? (This can be a work tool or a tool for personal use.)
- Anything else you’d like to tell us?
- Post the video to whatever sharing site you prefer, such as YouTube or Vimeo with the hashtags #ClassroomIndustryChallenge and #GlobalStudentChallenge, then post a link to the video on the Global Student Challenge group in the Siemens Digital Industries Software community
Some important points to note while creating videos:
- Our Go-To-Market Name is “Siemens Digital Industries Software”
- You can find all our Product Names >HERE
- Content provided by you may be used by Siemens Academic Program for further promotion. So, for this reason we ask that you refrain from including restricted information, images or content of any kind.
- Tips to best record a selfie video:
- If possible, make sure your face is little bit brighter than everything else in the room
- Choose a quiet room with little or no outdoor lighting
- Instead of standing against the wall, be in the middle of the room. It typically gives a much better composition
- Please, no obviously inserted plants
- Practice what you are going to say a few times. Record your practice and make notes about what you liked and what you can improve on
- Show your face, not your whole body
- Record your phone in landscape mode, like when you are watching a movie. This provides the best experience for both phones and pc’s when watching it.
- When you are about ready to finish your video, remember to keep looking into the lens for about a couple more seconds. Just keep that smile for a little bit longer!
Entries will be judged by a panel of Siemens experts. Selection of entries and awarding of gifts are at the discretion of Siemens Digital Industries Software. Siemens Digital Industries Software may, at its sole discretion, remove any entries it deems inappropriate.
Deadline for Entry Submission:
The Classroom to Industry challenge opens on April 6, 2020 and will be extended now to Sep 30, 2020. All entries must be entered and received by 11.59 pm (EST) on Sep 30, 2020. We will announce the winners via the Global Student Challenge group on Oct 14, 2020. The Challenge is eligible globally. Impress us with your answers. Good Luck!
More information about Academic Partner Program.