The Accellera Functional Safety Working Group was formed to address critical industry challenges suppliers, systems integrators and manufacturers face delivering products to safety-critical markets such as automotive, industrial, avionics, and more. The challenges faced are spread across the entire product lifecycle, including modeling, design, verification, manufacturing, and the delivery into an often complex supply chain. To tackle such an ambitious project, representation is required from key stakeholders throughout the safety-critical ecosystem. This includes IP/IC suppliers, systems integrators, OEMs, and the companies providing tools to facilitate the creation of these complex safety critical systems.
In the white paper, the group describes the industry challenges faced, the mission statement of the group, and an introduction to the core elements of the standard to be released.
The challenges are bucketed into a handful of categories including:
- Exchange of the same FS data across different automation tools
- Connection between FS data and design information
- Sharing of FS data across different operations/work products in the same layer
- Exchange of FS data between suppliers and integrators
- Traceability of information across the distributed development environment
If you are interested in learning more, please download the white paper here.
And if you and your company are interested in participating the group, please don’t hesitate to reach out. More information on the group and how to join can be found at the main Accellera Functional Safety Homepage.