This week Volkswagen and Siemens PLM Software held The Startup Challenge, a competition that brought startups together with Volkswagen experts to work on existing challenges in the manufacturing space.
The finalists in the competition were UWINLOC, Cognigy, Kaltiot, Xesto, DataEgg and GESTALT Robotics. Their innovative solutions were considered for collaboration with development teams from Siemens PLM software.
The winner of the 2nd annual competition is UWINLOC, a company that has transformed the way industrial operators search for assets indoors, by developing the world’s first battery-less tag for manufacturing, automobile and aerospace industries. The judges from Siemens PLM and Volkswagen selected UWINLOC for their outstanding solutions.
All companies involved got great exposure to many people from the VW group and hopefully some great collaborations will come out of it.
Event judges included:
- Frank Jelich, Business Project Manager Group Project Digital Factory, Volkswagen
- Dirk Saggau,IT Project Manager Group Project Digital Factory, Volkswagen
- Dirk Voigt, Business PMO Group Project Digital Factory, Volkswagen
- Holger Piskol, IT PMO Group Project Digital Factory, Volkswagen
- Martin Goede, Head of Technology Development, Volkswagen
- Zvi Feuer, CEO Manufacturing Segment, Siemens PL
- Tali Segall, VP Innovation, Manufacturing Segment, Siemens PL