Greetings Plant Simulation users!
This year the Americas Plant Simulation User Conference will be part of Siemens Realize LIVE, June 22 – 25, at the Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada. The 2020 Americas Plant Simulation Conference will take place on Tuesday, June 23, with additional sessions available throughout Realize LIVE. We will feature:
- Keynote by Dr. Uli Rossgoderer: How to Eliminate Uncertainty from your Flexible Production Design with the Digital Twin (see abstract below).
- Instructor Led Training with Ray Ahmad: Newly Released Features and Advanced Topics: Trackless AGVs, Animation using Poses, Costing, and Statistic Distribution (see abstract below).
There are a few ways to register :
1) Register now to the four-day event which offers access to content, networking opportunities, keynotes, breakout sessions, training and the 2020 Americas Plant Simulation User Conference. Don’t miss early-bird registration!
2) Purchase a one-day pass for Tuesday, June 23, to attend the 2020 Americas Plant Simulation User Conference, and the exposition for $595. Register now.
3) Call for Presentations — Are you interested in sharing your expertise and success with Plant Simulation? Customer speakers receive a free VIP Realize LIVE pass. Submit your abstract here: www.siemens.co/realizelive/present
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!
Many manufacturers are revisiting their production strategies. Line based production technology while being very predictable and efficient, have shortcomings when it comes to high number of product variants on the line or when changes in production programs are required. New ideas of matrix productions, flexible production cells, reconfigurable production scenarios are being explored and implemented today. While flexibility and speed of change increases, the predictability in such scenarios tends to suffer without using proper methodology. We are going to show how the Digital Twin of the Production System can help to design production systems for flexibility, explore different production control strategy and strike a balance of flexibility and achieving production KPIs.
Instructor Led Training abstract:
In this class we will teach you how to animate your objects during simulation and use the newly added Poses tab to do so. You will learn about the newly released freely moving Transporters; traveling without Tracks, learn how to estimate costs using the new Cost tab, and as time permits, we will review how to apply the most favorable distribution using data collected from production. We will also spend a few minutes introducing you to the various training paths available from Siemens, such as Services and our new Learning as a Service (LaaS) options.