Watch the Digital Enterprise Factory Showcase Tour video blog series to experience the power of digitalization in manufacturing.
During the multi-stop tour, experts demonstrate the planning process for a Field PG assembly. In our story, a change is necessary in the Field PG design and therefore a change must be made in the process.
In video blog #5, “Manufacturing planning with a digital twin,” experts verify the manufacturing planning process change. You will learn about the importance of a digital twin in manufacturing planning, and the key capabilities of Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing, Process Simulate, Easy Plan, and Plant Simulation software.
Box Build Planning
A digital twin of an assembly line helps you identify issues much earlier.
Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing
- Increase manufacturing planning efficiency by leveraging common database for engineering and manufacturing.
- Prepare process plans for new production introduction
- Identify the impact of design changes in box build lines.
A digital twin helps you visualize and analyze entire assembly operations.
Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing & Process Simulate
- Manage checklists for a typical product or plant
- Ensure assembly processes adhere to best practices
- Visual analysis helps in discussing issues upfront
- Dashboard helps management to know the program status
Shop Floor Planning
Manage plant specific process plans with ease.
- Reduced shop floor planning mistakes by having access to right information
- Workflow based functionality leads reduced ramp up time for users
- Plant specific operations are managed in central location leading to knowledge capture and reuse
- Improve quality adherence by updating plant specific work instructions
Throughput & Utilization
Plan your CAPEX properly. Keep you OPEX under control and utilize your plant to capacity.
Siemens Plant Simulation
- Plant your capital investments, predict your operating expenses confidently
- Maximize utilization of your production investment, deliver required output
- Cut your per part costs by optimizing your production
- Use your production digital twin for clear, visual communication, and for performing virtual commissioning.
View the other video blogs in the series:
This blog is authored by Zvi Feuer, Nilesh Wani, and Noam Ribon of Siemens PLM Software.