The Polarion POP Challenge 2010 is over, and the winner has been selected from among the 10 extensions submitted:
- Traceability Report by Giuseppe Pitzalis (Selex Communications)
- Bulk Perform Workflow Action by : Giuseppe Pitzalis (Selex Communications)
- FreeMind Integration by Mika Karaila (Metso Automation Inc.)
- RoleBasedSVNAccess by Manuel Sprock (Phoenix Contact)
- MySQL Support Tutorial Source by Matti Kiviharju (i4ware Software)
- Polarion Due Notification Service (PDNS) by Christian Raschka (SOPTIM AG)
- Default Approvals and Reset Approvals Status by Daniel Putz (Sony DADC Austria AG)
- Test linked Workitems by Roman Kellner (Bombardier)
- T-Polls by Sebastian Bejga (T-Systems / DHBW Stuttgart)
- Scalable, nested, graphical Gantt project plan by Marc Dzaebel (H&D)
We would like to thank all the entrants for their great work. We appreciate not only the extensions themselves, which are so valuable for the benefit and help they provide to Polarion users, but we also honor also your participation in building the Polarion community. The growth of the Polarion POP portal definitively proves the power and viability of our Polarion platform.
Picking a winner proved extremely difficult. Voting by the panel of judges resulted in a decision to add a third place winner and prize. So without further ado… the winners of Polarion POP Challenge 2010 are:
Scalable, nested, graphical Gantt projectplan by Marc Dzaebel (H&D)
A WiKi page showing the Polarion Live Plan as a common Gantt diagram. Tasks are sorted by parent relations and start date. They are hierarchically nested and the depth can be dynamically changed. The planned duration from the Live Plan is used to show scaled graphical bars so that one page fills the complete project plan. Summary tasks are rendered black/italic. Date ranges and time points can be set via the UI and you can change the scale dynamically.
Keywords from the jury comments: sweet job, very useful, wow, generates nice ideas, nice piece of code, door opener…
Second place : T-Polls by Sebastian Bejga (T-Systems / DHBW Stuttgart)
Project configuration defining the work item type “poll” and web application embedded on Polarion Wiki where users can vote on these polls.
Third place : Role Based SVN Access by Manuel Sprock (Phoenix Contact)
Manage SVN repository access according to Polarion roles. You don’t want to grant any user access to the entire SVN repository? And you don’t want to modify the access file manually? Role Based SVN Access is what you need!
Congratulations to all of you!
Finally, we would like to encourage everyone to share their extensions with all Polarion users as an active member in the Polarion ecosystem. We hope you can benefit not only from the support we provide to write the extensions but also from the feedback that comes from all Polarion Community users.
See you soon on Polarion POP Portal!