Ovum report reinforces Siemens leadership in the application lifecycle management (ALM) and DevOps solution market.
We’ve all heard Marc Anderson’s famous quote from 2011 – “Software’s eating the world” and as software moves to the center stage Satya Nadella CEO of Microsoft said it best “Every company is becoming a software company”. As a result, engineers are being driven to design, develop and deliver ever increasing complex products. There is a convergence towards cyber-physical systems, where products are no longer just discrete hardware devices, but combination of hardware and software. It is this software that is increasingly adding value and becoming the real differentiator of products. Consequently, modern software development is evolving at a rapid pace in response to these changing waters. To survive companies, must embrace collaboration and eliminate obstructions, promote transparency and traceability and eliminate ambiguity, advance reuse based development and eliminate rework. Organizations must adopt new methodologies and tools to ensure they can successfully manage costs, quality, time to market, and competitive differentiation. Successful companies are embracing comprehensive, end-to-end application lifecycle management processes in conjunction with their product lifecycle management. I’m proud to announce that Ovum has recognized Siemens Polarion as a leader in their Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Application Lifecycle Management and DevOps Solution, 2019-20 report.
Ovum Decision Matrix Positions Siemens Polarion As A Leader In Application Lifecycle Management And DevOps Solution
The Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and DevOps Solution, 2019–201 by Michael Azoff compared six leading ALM and DevOps solution providers. The results reinforce Siemens Polarion leadership in the ALM market and our customers’ confidence in Siemens Polarion.
Ovum Decision Matrix Findings
The Ovum Decision Matrix report highlighted several key points:
- Siemens Polarion achieved high scores in the technology dimension of the ODM as well as in the market execution dimension, an all-round high performance that maintains the vendor and product in the leader category since Ovum last ran this ALM ODM.1
- Polarion is focused primarily on the growth area in ALM: advanced engineering software applications such as the mechatronics industry and highly regulated industries where safety critical products are built. It can satisfy the high demands and standards of such use cases.1
- Polarion is built on three pillars of collaboration, traceability, and reuse, all in one integrated ALM solution. Having a single ALM product that covers the lifecycle end to end is an advantage and strength of the solution. This also helps in compliance scenarios, because auditability of data and work items is easy to perform through the workflow process.1
Vendors were required to have a set of core capabilities for ALM, as well as additional capabilities spanning both advance engineering and enterprise IT, along with a broad set of DevOps release management capabilities.
- Development process management and integrations
- ALM for systems engineering
- Variant and parameter management
- Change and configuration management
- Agile project and product management
- Requirements definition
- Requirements management
- QA and test lifecycle management
- Application security
- DevOps release management and automation
Our customers face many of the same challenges that are associated with modern software development such as increasing costs, shrinking product release cycles, increased complexity, faster global competition and increased compliance and regulatory requirements. Siemens and Polarion are focused on helping our customers meet these challenges.
I would like to first thank our customers for their confidence in the Siemens and in Polarion. Your feedback and willingness to work with us has helped Polarion achieve this leadership. Secondly, a thank you to the entire Polarion Team for their hard work and dedication in achieving this recognition. Siemens is focused delivering industry leading solutions for product and application lifecycle management.
1 Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Application Lifecycle Management and DevOps Solution, 2019–201 by Michael Azoff