A big challenge that PCB designers face is the lack of organization of the data on which they need to make critical decisions. Sometimes, the data will be available but in a different unusable format, and other times, they simply can’t get it despite knowing their organization has it. That is why it is important to develop a standardized way of naming, formatting, and storing PCB-related data.
I’m your host, Steph Chavez, a Senior Product Marketing Manager with Siemens. I’m glad to be joined by Andre Mosley, Marketing Development Specialist with Siemens. Today, he’ll help us understand what the industry is doing to simplify access to critical design data.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the challenges that PCB designers face when it comes to the library and design data management. You’ll also hear why Siemens is advocating for design data management standards. Additionally, you’ll find out the roadblocks that are hindering best practices such as standardization.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Challenges that come with library and design data management (02:40)
- The solution PCB designers should implement to solve the library problem (05:49)
- How we can solve the data management problem (10:15)
- Roadblocks stopping the use of best practices in design data management (15:54)
Marketing Development Specialist, Siemens
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Siemens
Want more PCB design best practices?
Learn PCB design best practices from an industry expert with over 30 years of experience, broken down into five pillars:
- Digitally integrated and optimized
- Engineering productivity and efficiency
- Digital prototype-driven verification
- System-level model-based engineering
- Supply chain resilience
Take your PCB design process to the next level today by checking out this content!