“NX is the tool we use from the moment we start thinking about a new project up to its completion,” explains Piero Giusti, information technology manager for R&D at Ducati Motor Holding. “NX is used to design many different motorbike components, including the wheels, the chassis and the body, as well as custom parts – virtually everything except the engine.”
- Extensive system of partners and suppliers
- Increasing use of electronics and software in motorbikes
Keys To Success:
- NX used for product development purposes from initial concept to product launch
- Teamcenter used to integrate all product development operations and sites
- NX functionality for integrated cabling design
- Development cycle for a new motorbike down from 36-40 months to 24
- Existing models updated yearly
- Parallel development of cabling, electronics, software and accessories
- Paper documents eliminated from manufacturing and the warehouse
Client’s Primary Business:
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A is a leader in the design and production of high-end motorbikes.
Read the entire Case Study.