Using NX™ software, Foton eliminated information isolation between departments, and incorporated engineers’ design experience into the system, saving time by reducing redundant data entry. This significantly reduced training time; enabling engineers to skillfully apply the software to product design, helping the company stay ahead in introducing new products to the market.
- Upgrade from 2D to 3D design
- Explosive growth of product data
- Inaccurate and inconsistent product data, and poor version management
Keys To Success:
- Establish a complete R&D process incorporating product knowledge
- Manage CAD data and smooth the data flow
- Finish primary process planning, logistics planning and process layout planning
- Reduced product development cycle by 30 percent
- Cut rework by 20 percent
- Realized analysis-driven design
Client’s Primary Business:
Foton Motor has produced and sold over 5 million vehicles, ranking first in the international commercial vehicle market for two consecutive years. Prominent brands include Auman, AUV, Aumark, Ollin, Tunland, MP-X, Midi, SUP, View and Forland.