According to the premier global market intelligence firm International Data Corporation (IDC), data professionals are losing 50 percent of their time every week. Thirty percent of their time is spent searching, governing and preparing data. The other 20 percent include duplicating work. The medical device industry is no stranger to collecting and linking data to show the safety and efficacy of a product. Nor are they devoid of going through the same processes multiple times to bring devices to market. This brings up the need to streamline the product development process with product lifecycle management (PLM) for medical devices.
Increase workplace agility and streamline processes
Currently, the medical device industry is turning out new innovative devices – more technologically advanced than ever before. However, the workplace still needs to find new ways to increase agility with more flexibility. The faster a team can achieve meaningful data relationships tied to clinical outcomes; the more time exists to give to the project timeline. This can result in better traceability, transparency and accessibility to help mature workflows and deliverables.
With a PLM system, organizations can reduce risk and increase efficiency through a scalable solution built on a secure, modernized platform. Siemens PLM for medical devices gives companies the ability to interweave core risk-management activities and data across multiple domains. This ensures teams are collaborating and using a common set of tools and processes that can be reused.
Benefits of PLM for medical devices
Digitalization, design authoring and workflow tools come together to create a connected platform. The system provides features and performance that result in high-value devices with a competitive edge. PLM for medical devices is easy to use and easy to access with AI-supported usability and flexible cloud processing.
PLM for medical devices provides many benefits, including:
- Speed time to market
- Reduce quality risks
- Easily share design information across teams
- Synchronize global design chain with DHF/DMR
- Ensure data is connected to quality processes
Overcome siloed processes with PLM
Our PLM software helps manufacturers overcome siloed processes with an integrated approach to quality-by-design. Our platform incorporated three key areas:
- Design Data Management – Automate, standardize and enhance product lifecycle and design authoring processes.
- Product Line Management – Manage, change and manufacture product variations according to regional and global needs through visibility and integration across the value chain.
- Quality Process Management – Maintain a master system of record that is compatible with workflows and data traceability, history and change management.
To learn more about PLM for medical devices, read our free ebook.