Heavy equipment products have always been complex machines to optimize. But with today’s introduction of new digital technologies and the trend toward smart equipment and increased customization, performance engineering becomes difficult to master.
Many simulation and engineering teams struggle. Does yours? What keeps you awake at night? It may include:
- The massive introduction of new technologies
- Your simulation team isolated in its own silo, without proper access to tested data
- Poor assumptions about material properties, operational loads and boundary conditions
- Lack of integration between disciplines, leading to lots of iterations and duplicate effort
- Simulation results coming too late to drive design
How can you address these challenges?
Introduce an advanced simulation environment to enhance heavy equipment performance engineering
Discover a solution for heavy equipment simulation that seamlessly integrates all performance engineering aspects. Take advantage of a large variety of simulation capabilities and build a high-quality digital twin. With Siemens Simcenter 3D, you have new benefits at your fingertips including:
- Easily and associatively connect multi-physics simulation to the CAD
- Perform iterations faster, referring to a single data set via a common interface
- Use data from any external source or system
- Combine accuracy with simulation speed by using world-class solvers
- Dive deep into the root cause of problems, study alternative solutions and propose countermeasures
The Simcenter mechanical predictive performance engineering and testing solutions for heavy equipment structural integrity & durability
One example of Simcenter’s premier applications is the use of durability analysis to consider the impact of cyclic loading on fatigue life of components and welds.
Moving from CAD to such an analysis is possible. Check out this video to see Simcenter in action and discover how, with just a few clicks, you can make your design ready for the most advanced predictive performance engineering analyses:
Software solutions for heavy equipment performance engineering
Simcenter can be used for a variety of heavy equipment engineering and design scenarios including:
- Cabin comfort and safety
- Structural integrity and durability
- Thermal management
- Autonomous operation
This series of white papers provide more details on these software solutions for the heavy equipment industry.
Heavy equipment manufacturers rely on Siemens software to develop smarter, safer and more eco-friendly equipment in a challenging global business landscape. Simcenter 3D allows you to increase performance engineering efficiency through design exploration and enhanced simulation methods, resulting in improved reliability and productivity, lower total project costs and more.
See for yourself with this self-paced, guided trial that allows you to take advanced simulation for a test drive.
Start your free 30-day trial today! No installation is required. Begin designing in minutes.