TLA winner for Military & Aerospace
This is part of a series of blogs showcasing the winning designs from the 28th PCB Technology Leadership Awards.
The winner in the Military & Aerospace category for the 28th Technology Leadership Awards, is the Abaco Systems team out of the UK!
- Jim Rose, Rob Savage, James McDonald & Martin McGregor
- 6U OpenVPX/SOSA-aligned multiprocessor
- Signal integrity, power integrity, cost, fabrication, assembly, test, reliability
- Continuous schematic/layout iterations
- Compact, ruggedized form factor
- Design for future variants, reuse
- Tight high-speed constraints
- Xpedition Enterprise
Comments from our industry judges:
- This was a very dense board, very dense placement very dense routing, and it was accomplished in 18 layers.
- A good circuit board has 3 challenges that you are attempting to meet. There is the DFM – can I make it manufacturable. There is the DFP – the performance, signal integrity, thermal. There is also the solvability. As you can see this is an extremely dense board to solve. At the same time, it is meeting the other two metrics.
- Compliments to this team, this is very well done.
About the Technology Leadership Awards
The competition, which started in 1988, is the longest running of its kind in the EDA industry. Design teams who use Mentor/Siemens solutions submit their designs, and are awarded by an independent panel of industry-expert judges for overcoming the most extreme challenges facing PCB design teams today.
To learn about more about the other winners watch the announcement webinar with some of our industry judges here.