PADS Professional VX.2.3 release is packed with new features as well as performance and quality enhancements including:
- Constraint manager automation
- 3D component model import
- Back drill for sub-laminate type fabrication
- MCAD Collaborator included in core product
- Online DRC improved messaging
- Hyperlinks on objects and hyperlink hot spots in PDF output.
- Batch DRC checks
- Invalid layer stackup checks
- New 3D toolbar
- And more…
With the new Rigid-flex option in PADS Professional, one can assign custom stackups on a per-board outline basis. Visualize the stackup before applying, and then connect multiple board outlines together.
To aid in 3D model alignment, the 3D view now includes options to define the seating plane of the part, simplifying and speeding up 3D model assignment. Component rotation is simplified with 3D arrows to help rotate and align the component along the Z, X, and Y axis of rotation.
In order to optimize today’s tight form-factors in electronic product design – collaboration between ECAD and MCAD teams is more necessary that ever. To facilitate electro-mechanical co-design, the MCAD Collaborator is now included FREE in PADS Professional.
The VX.2.3 release features a substantial number of usability improvements, including requests and ideas submitted by you, our customers.