Efficiently capturing supplier declaration data in support of environmental compliance objectives is a challenge to many manufacturers today. Read on to learn how Teamcenter can help.
Addressing environmental compliance regulations such as REACH, RoHS and Conflict Minerals requires complete visibility into your product makeup, which includes material and substance data from your in-house and your supplied components.Without the right technology in place to help you automate the supplier declaration data process, you could be at risk of noncompliance, costly errors, and missed deadlines.
Using Teamcenter® software can help because it:
- Supports industry standards such as IPC-175x and CMRT, enabling you to efficiently read in supplier declarations
- Automates the process of requesting, capturing and validating supplier data, which eliminates errors and reduce cycle times
- Previews the compliance grade of incoming supplier declarations, which expedites the compliance process
- Provides system-generated notifications and flags for expired or soon-to-expire declaration data, which reduces the risk of noncompliance
- Enables integration with supplier declaration databases like BOMcheck and IMDS, which streamlines the process by gathering clean and validated supplier declaration data
- Uses reporting and analytics to simplify the compliance officer’s job of tracking supplier disclosure and reporting out on compliance
To learn more about this important topic, please stop by the Siemens PLM Software booth at the IPC APEX 2018 event in San Diego, February 26 – March 1st.Also be sure to catch environmental compliance poster sessions on Wednesday, February 28th.