One major thing that contributes to a tech company’s success is how well they support their customers. At Polarion, “good enough” has never been good enough. Our goal is excellent customer support. In this article, I’d like to tell you a bit about our support portal, and what we’ve done to make sure it meets the needs of our customers, as well as our support team.
About a year ago we released an all-new Customer Self-Service Portal.
That journey began with extensive research before we decided on a platform to use for the portal. We couldn’t find anything that perfectly fit our needs, so in the end we decided to build it ourselves from scratch. After all – we have the knowledge, we have the technology and we have good developers.
We wanted it to be based on Polarion technology, and to utilize the same design and the functionalities that our customers are used to in Polarion’s products.
The first release proved that we took the right path. Our clients liked the new portal, and it soon became the preferred method of communicating with our support team.
We received a lot of good feedback and requests for more features. That’s when we realized it was a good decision to have the portal build in-house as now we can implement the changes our customers really need, in the way we want them to be done.
Recently, we released a new version of the portal which includes many enhancements our customers have requested, so I want to walk you through some of the most significant ones:
- Self-service portal is now printer friendly – even though we are in the digital age, it looks like some of us still need good old paper sometimes.
- The Technical Contact(s) can see now all the reported issues and enhancement request for their account in one place – you no longer need to dig out that old support case in order to see the status of the issue, and if it has been fixed.
- Ability to reset the login password – a basic feature that always seemed to get relegated to the back burner in favor of more “urgent” features, even from the fist release. But it’s in there now.
- Super-user access to the portal – if you have more than one technical contact you can have super-user privileges assigned to some or all of them and they will see cases and requests for the entire Account, not just their own.
- Technical Contacts can now fill-in or modify their server environment information – this allows support engineers to provide quicker help consistent with the particular server platform, hardware configuration and Polarion version.
- New My Cases page – list of all cases with ability to filter them based on different criteria.
- Transparent re-authentication if the session expires – so you can seamlessly go back to what you were doing before you got distracted.
- Various bug fixes and design improvements
If you haven’t had occasion to visit the new support portal, well, that’s a good thing! In case you do need support sometime, I invite you to take a few minutes and visit the new version of the customer self-service portal at support.polarion.com.
Do you have any feedback or suggestions for more features or improvements? Please share with us in the comments below.
DID YOU KNOW?
Polarion has a wealth of free online content that can help even experienced Polarion users