Embedded software is becoming even more important in product development, leading innovation in connected and engineered products.
Although embedded software presents new business opportunities, there are also development and security complexities that must be addressed. More functionality is needed to support new and differentiated products, with demands on price, performance, size, and time to market are accurately discussed.
Benefits of Polarion Software
The use of application lifecycle management (ALM) software is important for new software complexities that emerge in the product lifecycle.
Using Polarion ALM offers quick and easy pre-built best-practice workflows, metrics, and cross-discipline reports for the full product lifecycle, helping meet required compliance standards. Comprehensive end-to-end traceability from requirements to code, testing, verification, and validation.
ALM integration closely paired with product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions yields traceability for both ALM and PLM environments. When implemented well, return-on-investment (ROI) is quickly noted as design and development lifecycle time are reduced because of better traceability.
Some immediate benefits and value of Polarion for Embedded Systems:
- Managing requirements, code, test cases, work items and development artifacts of any kind
- Track, Trace, or Link any kind of work items one-to-one or one-to-many across infinite levels and infinite products or projects – to share, collaborate, and review with your team
- Polarion has a compelling, easy to learn and use Web-based UI, with unique LiveDoc technology that drives adoption and rapidly helps make your embedded development team productive. Within days, Polarion customers are customizing their user interface and molding the Polarion product to fit their operating procedures
- Predictive analysis, FMEA risk management and lifecycle project management
- Use your own existing processes or the ramp fast using expert templates provided for Agile, Waterfall, V-Model, ISO/IEC, FDA, FAA, and hundreds more
Embedded software is responsible for powering technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), connected medical devices, smart cars, and other modern solutions trending today.
In the connected medical industry, real-world applications include: cardio machines, defibrillators, dialysis machines, exoskeleton devices, infusion and insulin pumps, glucose meters, and similar product technologies.
Each company has varying ALM needs – and your organization is no different. Product engineers must deal with more complex products, rising costs, and cybersecurity protocols based on challenging Requirements Management.
Embedded computing creates new business opportunities, but also presents immediate challenges that must be appreciated by organizations.
You’re not alone – Siemens PLM is prepared to discuss how Polarion ALM – and other products – can help you and your organization, as embedded computing becomes even more prominent.