Automation & Reuse are Fundamental to Modern ALM
Process Automation & Reuse are fundamental in today’s highly competitive world, you need to ensure that your software development teams are working efficiently and effectively. They are central to an organization’s ability to develop software and are core pillars of modern application lifecycle management (ALM).
To drive efficiencies, orginizations’ need to have, well-defined and well-designed processes – that’s the easy part. The challenge however lies in:
- Ensuring all team members know and understand the process and how it applies to their role
- To guard against errors due to incomplete information or incorrect understanding of the process
- Enforcing the process and ensuring that all steps are followed and never skipped
- To make sure that designated people review and sign-off on items in the process
- To document that the process has been rigorously followed
Polarion ALM’s patented configurable process and work-flow automation engine simply eliminates these pitfalls.
Reuse by definition exemplifies efficiencies, it is a central pillar of a modern ALM solution. Reuse in the context of ALM simply does not apply to an organizations ability to reuse code alone. The concept of reuse in ALM is the ability for an organization to reuse as much, if not everything, that is part of the application lifecycle management process, including but not limited to configuration, project templates, work item templates, workflows, artifacts, libraries, specifications, and yes also code. Polarion ALM’s ability to reuse these and much more is a huge time saver in achieving the efficiencies organizations are looking for.