Constraints play a critical role in PCB design by ensuring the design meets the requirements and specifications of the project. Without constraints, there is a high risk of failure, and the project might not meet its goals. But it is very essential to understand how the constraint management system works to help rather than hinder the design process.
I’m your host, Steph Chavez, a Senior Product Marketing Manager with Siemens. I’m glad to be joined by Scott Decker, a technical lead designer at one of the largest and industry-leading companies, Mil-Aero. He will help us understand the importance of implementing constraints properly in PCB designs.
In this episode, you will learn how constraints help to ensure designs meet their requirements. You will also see how the constraint management system works. In addition, you will hear more about the importance of constraint editing systems in helping designers be successful in their designs and the best practices.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How constraints play a critical role in ensuring that the design meets the requirements and specifications (7:03)
- The best practices for PCB designers (7:52)
- The importance of constraint editing systems (10:56)
- The roadblocks that prevent companies from implementing best practices (20:50)
Sr. PCB Designer
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Siemens
Want more PCB design best practices?
Learn PCB design best practices from an industry expert with over 30 years of experience, broken down into five pillars:
- Digitally integrated and optimized
- Engineering productivity and efficiency
- Digital prototype-driven verification
- System-level model-based engineering
- Supply chain resilience
Take your PCB design process to the next level today by checking out this content!