Optimizing formula development performance and alternative BOM materials
We are excited to announce the availability of Opcenter™ Research Development and Laboratory software version 2304!
Opcenter™ Research Development and Laboratory (Opcenter RD&L) software is the new platform that embeds all key functionalities for laboratory information management systems (LIMS), electronic lab notebooks (ELN), product development (formulation) and specification management. Opcenter RD&L provides users with lightweight client applications using web technology and HTML5. This release focuses on a long list of features that enhance laboratory, specification and formulation modules. Opcenter is a part of the Siemens Xcelerator business platform software, hardware and services.
Opcenter RD&L 2304 brings you the following benefits:
- Optimize formula development performance and alternative BOM materials
- Rapidly exchange product data with partners
- Reduce administrative tasks and errors
- Maintain product quality and compliance
- Reduce costs in new product development
- Standardize intellectual property throughout the company
Improvements in Opcenter RD&L 2304 include:
- Display license expiration date for hybrid software as a service (SaaS) licenses
- Upfront warning for license expiration date for hybrid SaaS licenses
- Subsample tree view in the sample list
- Introduce alternative materials in the bill-of-materials (BOM)
- Enhanced usability for adding materials in the formula workbench
- Performance improvements when adding materials in the formula workbench
- Performance improvements for calculations in the formula workbench
- Configurable formula builder layout – Parameter calculation and reverse calculation capabilities in the formula builder
Integration and prerequisites
- Multiplant support for Opcenter Execution Process integration
Already using Opcenter RD&L? See what’s new in version 2304.
Want to learn more? Opcenter RD&L offers companies in CPG and process a scalable and flexible platform to streamline, optimize, and align all formulated product data management. That way they can capitalize on their R&D potential and develop new products faster. Opcenter RD&L keeps the product designs and processes well in-line with quality and regulatory requirements. The smooth integration and alignment of R&D and manufacturing data and processes drastically speeds up the transfer of final product designs to mainstream manufacturing.
Typical activities such as project data management, formula development, trial and experiment management, and production process design require an integrated set of best-in-class components ranging from electronic notebooks to laboratory management over specification management to supplier collaboration, pilot plant manufacturing and the like. Key functionalities like regulatory compliance and support for the Intellectual Property process are an integral part of Opcenter RD&L. Find out more about Opcenter RD&L