You are feeling it. A complete transformation of the manufacturing industry through information. Consumers and customers are increasingly able to tell manufacturers directly – via the Internet – exactly what they want and when. Within their own walls, manufacturers are getting a plethora of information from their new smart products, machines, factories, and processes.
Manufacturers need a new approach not only to managing the data they are getting, but to harness it for competitive advantage. Speed is paramount – manufacturers need to significantly reduce their time-to-market while massively increasing flexibility to enable individualized mass production.
SIMATIC IT Unified Architecture Manufacturing Intelligence (SIT UA Manufacturing Intelligence) was built to solve this problem. SIT UA Manufacturing Intelligence is a modern enterprise manufacturing intelligence solution targeting the current and future transformational technologies that are shaping the paradigm for data analytics for manufacturing: mobile internet, cloud computing and advanced analytics.
SIMATIC IT UA Manufacturing Intelligence connects, organizes and aggregates manufacturing data from disparate company sources into cohesive, intelligent and contextualized information in order to gain immediate and actionable insights. The information includes process data combined with business information, operations data and key performance indicators (KPIs) that affect manufacturing.
SIMATIC IT UA Manufacturing Intelligence gives the user a big-picture perspective of the information, providing tools to create web-based dashboards and reports accessible from everywhere, enabling self-service data exploration and allowing spot trends and other data relationships that otherwise may not be apparent when looking at different spreadsheets or reports.
Applying SIMATIC IT UA Manufacturing Intelligence enables the following benefits for manufacturers:
- Informed decision making at the speed of business
- Faster and more accurate business and operational decisions
- Discovery of previously unknown data relationships
- Meaningful insights distilled from huge quantities of plant data
- Collaboration and visibility across company silos
- Unique platform for data analytics for all manufacturing-related data
- Data accessible from everywhere
- Updated, real-time information
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Intelligence-based continuous improvement strategies
- Predictable behavior identification to optimize resources
- Effective and right-time measurements for performance improvement
- Intelligence for better make versus buy decisions
- Accurate prediction of delivery times
- Reduction in the risk of product failure or delay
SIMATIC IT UA Manufacturing Intelligence integrates, connects and unifies data sources – such as laboratory information management system (LIMS), enterprise resource management (ERP), MES, QMS, APS and others – into one accessible analytical data model providing capabilities to explore and analyze data across the product value chain.