A new version of our MES for Process Industries is available: Opcenter Execution Process 3.2.
This release brings new functionalities to facilitate weighing and dispensing projects, notably regarding scales management and connectivity. Leveraging Opcenter Connect (formerly MIO), serial scales can be connected in real-time to the new widget that guides the operator through the weighing operation by displaying the target weight (setpoint) and the current weight at the scale, but also relevant data such as tare, scale stability, minimum and maximum quantities and more.
Opcenter Execution Process 3.2 introduces two brand new tasks to manage material allocation and consumption. The material preparation task allows the operator to scan a material tracking unit (MTU) and define a quantity to be prepared/allocated to the work order. The MTU split is automatically carried on, allocating the new MTU resulting from the transaction. The task is completed once the operator has prepared/allocated all the items in the material requirement list, with their respective minimum required quantities.
Siemens Opcenter Execution Process 3.2 brings you the following benefits:
- Provides visibility into and synchronization with all manufacturing operations
- Facilitates native orchestration of heterogeneous activities
- Delivers full traceability of operations and materials
- Integrates sampling and quality control with manufacturing
- Supports multiple versions of SIMATIC BATCH
This is possible thanks to features such as:
• Predefined equipment properties to manage capacity, availability and usage constraints
• Sampling and quality control
• Enhanced operator cockpit, which is easy to customize
• Material movement and transformation enhancements
• SIMATIC BATCH integration enhancements
Already using Opcenter Execution Process? See what’s new in v3.2.
Want to learn more? Using Opcenter Execution Process as a MOM platform enables seamless integration with scheduling, quality, and manufacturing intelligence, which delivers interactive dashboards for analysis of production data. For New Product Development & Introduction, Opcenter Execution Process enables the transformation of recipes from “generic” specifications to detailed “master” instructions, ready for order scheduling and execution. Find out more about Opcenter Execution Process.
If you haven’t already done so, take a few minutes to watch these videos. Learn about:
- Modern, intuitive user experience for all users – operators, supervisors and inspectors
- Responsive, adaptive framework to enable mobility and enhance security
- Data utilization that affords new insights to improve quality and reduce time to market
- Greater configurability and extensibility
View the videos today: