The long awaited announcement is here.
Siemens PLM Software will begin delivering its NX software product using a Continuous Release methodology in January 2019. This new delivery model will give our customers faster access to new enhancements and quality improvements, while reducing the efforts needed to effectively deploy NX.
Siemens will become the first major CAD/CAM/CAE vendor to deliver products in this way.
NX is built on a modern software architecture, developed with a business focus on delivering new functionality while protecting customer data. The new approach will enable Siemens’ NX customers to:
- Receive functional enhancements faster to help boost productivity
- Have a predictable schedule for updates to better plan for the adoption of new technologies
- Be responsive to new ideas and trends
- Reduce deployment cost
- Faster, more consistent response from NX development vs. release dependent hotfixes
- Continued focus on release quality and deployment
What you can be sure of is that we here on the NX team remain committed to you. We do so in delivering quality releases with the worlds most advanced CAD/CAM/CAE software. We do so by building solutions on the most modern architecture protecting your investment. We also do so with our historically proven commitment to data compatibility.
See here for a list of F.A.Q’s