Digitalization of the aerostructure development space is on the rise. As technology and software advancements continue to be made in the product lifecycle management, manufacturing automation, and composite materials workflows, many companies are pursuing a path forward that provides the most strategic advantages when it comes to:
- Highly specialized tools for analysis, design and manufacturing that fully support and understand the composite materials development process
- A development process that is collaborative, and allows for multidisciplinary problem solving through a digital twin
John O’Connor discusses the demands being placed upon the composite aerostructure development process right now and how they may evolve looking into the future. He also will address answers available for digitalization challenges regarding Industry 4.0 and composite aerostructure development.
You will learn:
- How digitalization is transforming the composite aerostructure development process
- How to enable Industry 4.0 for composites
- How the Siemens composites portfolio can help customers achieve increased profitability and industry leadership
John O’Connor is the director of product & market strategy in the Specialized Engineering Software (SES) organization of Siemens PLM Software. SES develops and markets CAD-integrated, specialized engineering software for product design and manufacture in the aerospace, automotive and other design-driven industries. O’Connor has served in numerous roles at Siemens, ranging from application support and technical sales management to business development. Prior to Siemens, he was a senior design engineer at Lockheed Martin, where he led a number of product design teams. He holds a Master of Science in materials engineering and a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering.