The winner in the Transportation & Automotive category is Yanfeng Visteon Electronics Technology, from Shanghai China.
Their design is for an internet car audio entertainment system.
- Yuan Li, Yan Xue, Tao Wang and Qin Li
Design flow used:
- Xpedition® Enterprise
- Constraints: Simulation of Power Integrity and Signal Integrity was required to optimize and meet the designs high speed signal requirements.
- Schedule: Design required tight collaboration between engineering, PCB layout and mechanical design with daily iterations to ensure fabrication, cost and reliability requirements were met.
- Technology: Optimized design stack-up construction and copper balancing to support RF and EMC requirements.
- “Good stackup construction, and copper balancing”.
- “Overall, a well done design”.
- “Excellent routing”
About the Technology Leadership Awards
Started in 1988, this program is the longest running competition of its kind in the EDA industry. In fact it is the industry’s only award where design teams using Mentor’s solutions receive recognition by an independent panel of experts for overcoming the most extreme challenges facing PCB design teams today. Just look at the winning designs from previous years to get a sense of the types of technologies and industry segments that are represented in this program. A listing of all of this years winners along with a Technology Leadership Awards webinar are both available for more in-depth information.