Today’s complex automotive and aerospace products require a systems-driven approach to product development that combines systems engineering with an integrated product definition and the ability to unify your product development framework with your manufacturing and shop floor operations.The SDPD approach gives product designers and engineers:
- A consistent process framework based on systems engineering
- Cross-attribute simulation and test-based validation
- Configuration management
- Issue, change and schedule management
- Traceability throughout the entire lifecycle
- All built on an open foundation
Siemens PLM Academic Team has partnered with Dr. Vahid Salehi to develop learning materials to help students prepare for real-world SDPD in the brand new Academic Resource Center within our comprehensive Learning Advantage portal, which is always free for our academic partners.
PS-Stay tuned for updates to the current curriculum and a brand new module that integrates Amesim simulation for modeling and analysis of multi-domain systems!