Let’s take 33 seconds and start with this video, Somewhere in America …
Did you see it? Near the beginning of the video, a SpaceX engineer is using an iPad app to access Teamcenter on the factory floor! That app is Teamcenter Mobility and it is available free for you on the Apple AppStore.
Over 7000 people have downloaded and are using Teamcenter Mobility today. Siemens PLM Software built Teamcenter Mobility to support today’s workforce, people like you and me who are becoming increasingly mobile and yet more connected than ever before. Here are some tasks that you can accomplish anytime, anywhere with Teamcenter Mobility:
- Search and navigate Teamcenter to find critical information you need to do your work
- Visualize 3D JT files even when you’re not logged in to Teamcenter
- View tasks that needs your attention, see where they are in the workflow process and perform signoffs
- Monitor change dashboard and quickly perform impact analysis of the requested change
- Capture issues found in the field and submit them as IRs or PRs
- Review assembly instruction videos on the shop floor or maintenance videos while servicing an equipment in the field
- Securely cache critical information for working offline and automatically synchronize your work when you get back online
Teamcenter Mobility 3.0 was released earlier this year and it allows you to stay on top of your projects by leveraging your Teamcenter reporting & analytics license. You can now access project dashboards, created with Teamcenter reporting & analytics, from within Teamcenter Mobility. View critical metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports associated with your projects so you’re never caught off guard and you can respond to arising critical issues even when you’re on the go.
When decisions can’t wait for you to return to your desk, Teamcenter Mobility helps you make smarter decisions anywhere, anytime.
In addition to Teamcenter Mobility, there’s another free app in the AppStore that I can’t live without, Teamcenter AppShare. Teamcenter AppShare is a simple and reliable on-line conferencing application available with Teamcenter community collaboration. Within Siemens PLM Software, hundreds of AppShare conferences are hosted everyday. We use AppShare almost in every meeting, internal and external. Teamcenter AppShare app allows you to join AppShare conferences from your iPad, and with the latest update, Teamcenter AppShare 2.0, also from your iPhone and iPod Touch.
I use this app all the time, not only when I travel but also when I have 5:00 a.m. meetings with team members in India and my laptop is more sluggish than me waking-up from its slumber. I just pull out my iPad and I’m in the meeting within a few seconds!
With Teamcenter AppShare app, you will never miss another online conference.
Ok, if this is the first time you learn about these mobile apps, you owe it to yourself to take a few seconds to download and leverage them in your day-to-day work. If you already use these apps, please take a few seconds to update to the latest and greatest version.
Finally, I’d love to hear your thoughts about these apps. Please share your comments and suggestions below.
Until the next post, have a great day!