I’m at the Solid Edge Simulation kickoff at PLM Connection. Dan Staples and Kyle Aruda opened by discussing advancements from ST to the ST2 version for those that have not seen what is new for ST2
Later in the presentation he moved on to Solid Edge ST3. Dan explained there are a lot of things in the release that they are not ready to discuss but he want to provide some information for the the people that traveled to PLM Connection.
Here are a few things Dan was able to talk about (I’m typing this as they go)
- ST3 makes it easier to user synchronous technology in bite-size pieces.
- More Simulation – People happy with the interface and integration- they just want more. More loads and constraints coming.
- “Can’t say enough about what Sharepoint has done” Insight and Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 is available.
- Usability – Full control of the command Ribbon layout.
- Smart Step Ribbon Bar has become horizontal.
- Radial Menus and customizable UI.It also supports gestures.
- Transparent pathfinder.
- Sheet Metal – Reaffirming Leadership in this area. Demos were specifically on corners.
- New algorithms for weld creation.
- Display Configurations, Configuration Manager – In the demo, Kyle said he could spend all day playing with this. Its just “phenomenal”.
Keep in mind this is just a sampling of what is to come in ST3 (sorry Scott, no details yet). So, watch for more information closer to the coming release.