In my last post, I gave an overview of Siemens’ participation inEVS26.
EVS26 was a conference and exhibit event for electric vehicles and the electric drive industry. The topics covered included; Electric Cars, Electric Vehicles, EV Charging and Refueling, Auto Marketing, Environmental Policy, and Transportation Policy. The event included:
- Presentations, workshops, seminars and keynote speakers.
- A Ride, Drive & Charge event, where the public and registered attendees could test the latest battery, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell electric drive vehicles, bikes and scooters.
- Exhibits from EV automakers, technology developers, manufacturers, infrastructure companies.
Now that everyone is back home, I wanted to give you a brief recap of the show.
First of all, the booth;Wow!As you can see, it was gorgeous, and packed with Siemens technology.
Siemens Displays included:
- Drive Technology solutions: Information on Siemens’ motors and inverters.
- Private Charging solutions: Showcasing VersiCharge line of products
- Commercial charging solutions: Showcasing variety of public charging solutions
- Electric highway technology (eHighways), showcasing the new environmental way heavy duty trucks can transport items from ports to metropolitan areas.
- Industry Automation solutions: optimal and sustainable battery manufacturing process.
- EV design software solutions
- An electric car that is an electric conversion performed by local engineering students utilizing Siemens PLM software during the EcoCAR competition.
- Siemens Smart Chopper. An all-electric chopper built by the famed American Chopper group.
Siemens also had a large number of speakers at the conference, including Daryl Dulaney CEO, I&C Sector.
How the Smart Grid will power Electric Cars – Video
As an EV/Alternative fuel enthusiast, I was extremely excited to see this glimpse of the future.
If you want more information on Siemens at EVS26Click here.