The kickoff to Siemens PLM Connection got off to a great start on Monday morning. Some of my other colleagues have done an excellentjob in covering those sessions.
There were two main NX sessions that took place on Monday. The first Session was lead by Joan Hirsch, vice-president for NX Development.
Joan reviewed some of the key points of the NX strategy:
- Intuitive role base UI.
- Optimized workflows from design through simulation and manufacturing
- Synchronous Technology for Simple, Fast, and Flexible modeling
- Immediate access to PLM data from within NX
Paul Brown showed us, hands-on, some of the new features in NX 7.5, and the next release NX8. Some of the highlights were:
- NX Reporting and Analytics. How to correlate data from multiple sources, with multi-dimensional reports. Querying massive assemblies and getting meaningful information.
- Mechatronics Concept Designer. a machine design solution that enables multiple design disciplines to work in parallel with better decision-making. (the crowd loved the new Physics engine)
- What-if design, with Synchronous Technology. Note: this will be our 4th release of Synchronous Technology, and we’re continuing to invest to make it the most productive system.
- Reusing data to improve the designers productivity, with Product Template Studio (PTS)
- Allowing multiple designers to simultaneously make changes to a single part.(this is really cool technology.)
That’s all from me for now. Be sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest updates. I’m at twitter.com/jsarfati.
P.S. if you’d like to hear more about a particular topic, leave me a comment below.