I am a keyboard short-cut kind of user. My favorite command in Microsoft Word was Alt+I, I which would allow me to add a hyperlink to text. When I switched to Microsoft Office 2007, it took me several frustrated tries to find my favorite command. Microsoft changed it to Alt+N, I. As mentioned earlier today in Dan Staples presentation, Siemens PLM Software licensed the Microsoft interface for Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology. In an afternoon session Kyle Aruda provided users a deep-dive on the new UI. Unlike Microsoft, Solid Edge elected to move to a gray/silver color versus the traditional blue.
I know the software is not yet available, however here are a few tips for Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology users:
- For anyone that likes keyboard shortcuts like me, hit the Alt button and it will show you what key is used for each tab
- Find ANY favorite command, right click and add to the Quick Access toolbar
- If you create a keyboard shortcut, Solid Edge will put it in the interface for you
- Esc Key and Space bar will become your friends
- You are going to love Fence-select