Ready to dive into the world of system simulation and optimization? Our newest Learning Advantage design and simulation tutorials featuring Simcenter Amesim will get you up to speed. This tool allows system simulation engineers (and engineers-to-be) to virtually assess and optimize the performance of mechanical systems. Simcenter Amesim boosts overall systems engineering productivity from the early development stages until the final performance validation and controls calibration, and with our new tutorials, you are sure to be a pro in no time.
In the Mechanics with Vertical Throw tutorial, you’re given the basic introduction and theory, then you jump right into simulation, validation, and practice using the supplied model files. Learners will be able to:
- describe the motion of a given mass based on initial velocity, gravity acceleration, and time,
- define the equations for the motion of mass
- use Simcenter Amesism to validate the results of these equations.
The tutorial will take about 2 hours to complete and includes all the model files needed to complete the equations.
Perhaps you’re more interested in learning how to Design and Simulate Thermal Fluid Systems? This brand-new course will develop your understanding of the thermal and thermal hydraulic libraries in Simcenter Amesim, as well as the pneumatic library and the heat exchanger NTU regression tool. Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- identify, define, and use components within the Thermal and Thermal Hydraulic libraries,
- summarize the uses for models and components within the libraries and,
- troubleshoot typical issues of components within the libraries.
This eight-hour course includes numerous thermal library and pneumatic library examples to aid in your learning as well as a list of additional resources for follow up.
Maybe Transmission Systems are more closely aligned to your needs or interests? Get ready to learn the ins and outs of powertrain systems with friction and tire models, equivalent inertia, 2D contact models, and information on bearings, synchronizers, clutches, and brakes. Upon completion of this course learners will be able to use Simcenter Amesism to improve powertrain design in the areas of:
- performance and losses
- noise, vibration and harshness
After studying engine models and learning about the dynamics of transmission, you’re ready for a full-on Vehicle Simulation. Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to use Simcenter Amesim to:
- Perform continuous modeling from detailed physical models for design purposes to simplified approaches suitable for control development and validation including real time simulation
- Simulate and analyze the performance, fuel consumption and pollutant emissions of conventional and hybrid vehicles on driving cycles
- Simulate with high accuracy the gas flow/thermal couplings and the conversion of pollutants in the exhaust system
This vehicle simulation includes use of vehicle sub-systems and first application as well as diving into the optimization of hybrid and electric vehicles.
Get your hands on learning with these awesome Simcenter Amesim tutorials today!
Learning Advantage is an online learning portal covering all of Siemens Industry Software products. Our Corporate customers pay an annual subscription fee for this resource, which is always FREE to our Academic partners! Ask your instructor or administrator about using Learning Advantage today!
We’d love to hear what you think of these resources! Drop us a line in the comments below and let us know!