The Siemens Global Academic Team – the folks who bring you this witty-yet-thoughtful blog, the Learning Advantage Academic Resource Center, support for your favorite student competitions, and grants of all of your favorite engineering software – is hiring two interns and one of them just might be YOU!
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster!With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern within our Global Academic team, you will get the opportunity to:
- Deep dive into developing curriculum for our Academic partners
- Take internal materials and developing tools that can be used by professors in academia
- Design, implement, enhance, and maintain curriculum
- Push the limits of New Technology through projects in Design, Configuration, Physical behaviors, Electronics, Controls & SW
- Play a key role in developing curriculum for intelligent subsystems in products – communicating within the product and with the environment (“system of systems”) and Industry 4.0
- Develop demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models & hardware systems that are used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications
- Work on topics such as Systems Engineering, Model Based design, Additive Manufacturing, Smart Products/Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- General awareness and understanding of Systems Engineering, Model Based design, Additive Manufacturing, Smart Products/Smart Manufacturing, and/or Industry 4.0
- Good understanding of Siemens tools and experience with NX and Teamcenter
- Understanding of Systems engineering or Product Lifecycle Management related product modules
- Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development