This is part of a series of blogs showcasing the winning designs from the 28th PCB Technology Leadership Awards.
The winner in the Industrial Control, Instrumentation, & Medical category for the 28th Technology Leadership Awards, is the CiBOARD team out of Germany!
- Thomas Blasko & Michael Schwitzer
- Real-time image processing system
- Signal integrity, power integrity, fabrication, assembly, reliability
- High density with fine-pitch connectors
- Thermal management with 100A FPGA
- Complex layer stack-up
- Xpedition Enterprise
Comments from our industry judges:
- There were many challenges for this design team, in particular the placement, the routing, and the thermal management associated with the 100 amp FPGA.
- The way they designed the PCB stack to minimize EMC issues, and the way they designed the stack to really manage the thermal dissipation was very impressive.
- I thought this board was an excellent board.
About the Technology Leadership Awards
The competition, which started in 1988, is the longest running of its kind in the EDA industry. Design teams who use Mentor/Siemens solutions submit their designs, and are awarded by an independent panel of industry-expert judges for overcoming the most extreme challenges facing PCB design teams today.
To learn about more about the other winners watch the announcement webinar with some of our industry judges here.