We are proud to introduce Simcenter Amesim 17.
The latest release will help you increase system simulation efficiency through a seamless process integration, maximum modeling accuracy and easy access to digital twins.
Among many other enhancements, major development efforts have been put to help you address 5 key applications:
- Controls engineering
- Vehicle systems and components performance engineering
- Aircraft systems performance engineering
Discover Simcenter Amesim 17 in a nutshell:
Let us walk you through the main new capabilities.
- Import of electric motor characteristics from Simcenter SPEED
- Expansion of air conditioning system capabilities for battery cooling
- Battery thermal run-away modeling and battery pre-sizing tool
- Hybrid and electric vehicle model templates
In 10 years, hybrid and electric vehicles could represent about half of the automotive fleet. That’s why there have been major development efforts to support electrification. With the newest version, you can automatically import motor characteristics from the Simcenter SPEED electric motor design software and assess electric powertrain performance early in the development cycle.
To safeguard proper battery operating conditions, you can link the battery cooling system with the air conditioning system. The new brazed plate heat exchanger component helps you easily check the capability of the cooling system to manage the battery and cabin thermal operation.
Further, for electric and hybrid vehicle design, Simcenter Amesim 17 comes with ready-to-use templates to assess consumption, range, cooling and drivability. These templates provide a good starting point for vehicle electrification projects by delivering parameter consistency and detailed internal combustion engine, transmission, electric drive, battery and cabin cooling subsystems models.
- Upgraded signal bus capability and statechart management
- Cooling system functional components
- Real-time compatible components in the fluid component design libraries
- Tunable parameters for FMI 2.0 export
In the context of software-intensive products, Simcenter Amesim 17 offers new plant modeling capabilities to support controls design, validation and calibration. For instance, the signal bus feature has been reworked to optimize central processing unit (CPU) performance and the user experience. When modeling control units, you can now easily create, edit and manage supercomponents containing statecharts.
Additionally, the release comes with real-time compatible components for automotive cooling system design as well as for hydraulic, thermal-hydraulic and pneumatic component design.
Vehicle systems and components performance engineering
- Exhaust calibration tool including optimization features
- Engine manifold design study through full coupling with Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Kinematics and Compliance data generator
- Cam profile definition from the valve lift
- Hypoid gear component
- Extended modeling capabilities for vane and gerotor pumps
For conventional and hybrid vehicles, a broad set of new capabilities in Simcenter Amesim 17 will help to tackle critical challenges, such as the real driving emissions (RDE) or Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Cycles (WLTC) standards. Among them, the exhaust calibration tool now enables accelerated test data import, batch processing and automated optimization of model calibration.
Moreover, by coupling Simcenter Amesim with Simcenter STAR-CCM+, you can efficiently run an engine design study for operating points of interest. This allows you to assess intake line acoustics or the impact of manifold geometry on performance.
Aircraft systems performance engineering
- Intuitive and detailed jet engine performance analysis
- Fuel systems and flight dynamics coupling
- Fuel tank mapping from CAD
- Model templates for landing gear and flap systems
In support of the aerospace and defense industry, Simcenter Amesim 17 offers unique virtual integrated aircraft (VIA) capabilities to frontload system integration, electrify propulsion systems and streamline jet engine design. It enables rapid modeling of compressors and turbines with variable geometry as well as assessing mixture composition corrections and degradation performance.
Since fuel represents a large portion of the aircraft weight, it is critical to understand its impact on handling qualities. You can now quickly assess the aircraft mass balance and trajectory while accounting for its tight coupling with the fuel system.
Moreover, Simcenter Amesim now enables you to generate fuel tank maps from CAD geometry. Therefore, you can extract the fuel inertia tensor for coupling with flight dynamics, and tank wet areas for thermal management optimization.
- Embedded Simcenter STAR-CCM+ technology for enhanced cabin air flow modeling
- Ego vehicle modeling for ADAS/AD validation with Simcenter Prescan
- Simcenter Amesim – Simcenter Flomaster co-simulation
- Model-based system testing through interoperability with Simcenter Testlab Neo software
- Direct access to Teamcenter workflows in Simcenter Amesim
To enable seamless process integration and maximize modeling accuracy, Simcenter Amesim 17 further extends synergies within the Simcenter portfolio.
For instance, a tight link with Simcenter STAR-CCM+ allows capturing internal 3D flows in the car cabin to rapidly optimize thermal comfort.
For autonomous vehicle validation, the integration with Simcenter Prescan enables you to accurately capture the ego vehicle’s behavior in terms of ride, handling and fuel economy.
In addition, a direct connection between Simcenter Amesim and Teamcenter helps improve traceability: you can now easily manage different versions of Simcenter Amesim libraries within Teamcenter.
Later this week we will introduce you to Simcenter Webapp Server, an easy-to-use and cost-effective web-based solution which will help deploy system simulation throughout your company.
Plus, don’t miss our blog post on new capabilities of Simcenter Embedded Software Designer 17.