The world of simulation has come a long way over the past few years. One of the most significant changes is the addition of know-how embedded in the software to help design engineers use simulation successfully.
We’re not talking about toys that offer inaccurate results. We’re talking about a genuine solution that offers real answers to real engineering problems. So if you’re looking for powerful and easy-to-use stress and fluid flow analysis directly inside the NX CAD environment then you should watch Improving productivity with fast and accessible simulation for the design engineer, an on-demand technical presentation.
The 30-minute presentation will walk you through the process of performing flow and structural analysis on the same model, inside NX:
- Setting-up a problem for flow analysis
- Obtaining pressure and velocity results
- Evaluating the first set of results
- Modifying the design in NX to create better pressure distribution
- Providing pressures as loads for structural analysis; and finally,
- Verifying the structural displacement results to make sure they meet performance requirements
You don’t need to worry about using I-guess, sorry I mean, IGES to transfer your data. Nor do you have to dip in and out of multiple interfaces. You stay within your preferred CAD environment and get on with the task at hand.
Now, in my book that is progress!
Hope you enjoy the session.